Maggi Exotica

I make this quite often with whatever veggies I have at hand. This time I had these exotic vegetables that I picked up during my visit to Ooty. I had to use up the veggies soon, before they began to rot as my hubby too had bought veggies from the store nearby. Coincidentally, Nags has put up a similar recipe.You can check out Nag's version of Maggi here.

Ingredients (serves 2):

  1. 1 small sized red onion finely sliced
  2. 1 small sized broccoli split into florets
  3. 1/4 red cabbage chopped into fine strips
  4. 1 carrot chopped into fine strips
  5. 15 french beans chopped lengthwise
  6. 8 cloves garlic chopped into small pieces
  7. 1 inch ginger julienned - very fine thin strips
  8. 1/2 tsp soya sauce
  9. 1/2 tsp vinegar
  10. 2 packets maggi with taste maker
  11. 1/4 tsp salt + 1/2 tsp
  12. Water to cook maggi
  13. 2+2tbsp oil + 1 tbsp (optional)
How I made it :
  1. Heat up water to immerse noodles. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 2tbsp oil. Boil for 2 minutes. Drain. Rinse noodles in cold water. You can pour an additional tablespoon of oil on top to ensure that they don't stick to each other. I usually put olive oil on the top.
  2. In a wok, heat up 2tbsp oil.
  3. Put in the ginger and garlic.
  4. After 1 minute, put in the onions.
  5. When the onion starts turning pink, add the vegetables.
  6. When the veggies are more than half cooked, add the vinegar, soya sauce and taste maker.
  7. Add 1/4 tsp salt. 
  8. Turn off heat when the veggies are cooked to your liking. I like some crunch in the vegetables.
  9. Mix in the noodles. Best done with two forks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would be thrilled to hear from you on your thoughts on the recipe. Thank you for your feedback, in advance, it is much appreciated.